Boulder Potters’ Guild Summer 2017 Class Offerings
KID SUMMER CLAY CAMPS
(for young people 10-14 years old)
Week One: JUNE 5th-9th daily from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm $195
Week Two: JUNE 12th-16th daily from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm $195
Both weeks of Kid Summer Clay Camp will meet 12-3pm Friday, June 30th to pick up finished projects and share a Pot Luck meal altogether.
Instructors: Berit Naeseth and Kati Messing
Beginning clay wheel throwing, hand building and sculpture using Cone 04 (low temperature) white clay fired in an electric kiln. Imagine and Create. Bring your ideas alive with experienced artists Kati and Berit. Every day bring a sack lunch to keep yourself energized.
From Berit Naeseth: “I am an experienced artist and teacher, who currently works with the Boulder Valley School District and St. Vrain School District. I have also taught studio art courses at the University level for 10 years.”
From Kati Messing: “I am an Illustrator, painter and printmaker working with clay for the past 8 years. I am excited to share my love of clay with the young artists at clay camp. You can see my work at and follow me on Instagram at katalinmessing”
All Classes Start Week of June 5-9, 2017
The Boulder Potters Guild offers four different classes for the summer Session. Be aware actual class schedules vary. You can register for classes via PayPal. Go to boulderpottersguild.com to choose class. Under classes, go to Class descriptions and Registration.
All Classes Include:
- Eight three-hour class sessions
- 50 lbs of clay (An additional 25lbs. of clay can be purchased ONLY from the Guild)
- 3 additional practice sessions each week: Tuesdays 1-4PM; Wednesdays 6:30-9:30PM; Saturdays 10AM-1PM
- “NOTE: Because the Guild is offering the Adam Field Workshop, there’s NO PRACTICE SESSION Saturday, June 17th. The MAKE-UP PRACTICE SESSION is Sunday, June 11th 10am – 1pm.”
- Maximum class size is 14, minimum is 6. If full, a waiting list may be available. Class will be cancelled if fewer than 6 students registered.
- Registration fee includes glazes and firings
*BPG Payment Policy: If a student withdraws after the first class but before the second class a 75% refund will be made. All refunds will be charged a $5 processing fee.
Monday Afternoons 1:00 – 4:00PM June 5th – July 24th
Beginner’s through Advanced Levels Cone 10 Class $195
Instructors: Joy Boston and Donna Miers
Monday Evenings 6:30 – 9:30PM June 5 – July 24
Adult Cone 10 Advanced/Intermediate Skill Level Class $195
Instructors: Darryl Houghton and Rick DeVoss
The primary focus will be wheel throwing. There will also be hand building demos. The class syllabus will be determined by and based on the skills and desires of the students. A raku firing is also possible at the end of the last class.